Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kyiv Waffles Anonymous

*Today's post comes to us from Christina, who taught in Ukraine last winter and consequently became addicted to waffles. This is her story...*



Help!! What's the hotline number? I need help! You see, I've come to the realization that I have completely, hopelessly, helplessly fallen into addiction! I even have photo evidence! Here's my vendor, the root of my problem:



You see? I'm a gaufre-aholic! Every day I walk past this stand and it takes every ounce of self-will I possess to resist the temptation. Just when I think I'm safe, fifteen feet past the stand the smell hits me and I turn into a goofy-like cartoon, led by nose into grave danger. And what a heavenly scent! Sweet, homey, and ridculously seductive, it takes a stronger woman than I am to just say no.





During the day my imagination takes me to a well-beloved place called waffle heaven. At night, I dream with visions of sticky sweet sugar crystals dancing around my head. Sometimes I wake and pace the apartment, licking my lips in the vain attempt to catch a taste of phantom crumbs. The worst part of my addiction is I'm not ready to give it up just yet...



*Thanks Christina! P.S. If you didn't see this over on our Facebook page, we are love love loving this video...



Shoutout to Kylee, Jen, Kate, Nikita, Laria, and Jill!*

1 comments:

Z said...

Ps, if you want to read the full version of this story, check it out on my blog!

zenaparks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment